We know mornings are busy and taking the time to cook a proper breakfast is not always realistic. Which is why we thought we’d share our go-to weekday breakfast staple: Warm Blueberry Banana Bread Oatmeal. It’s quick, easy, loaded with fiber, protein, vitamins, antioxidants, and omegas to keep you energized throughout a busy day– and most importantly, it’s delicious!
You will need:
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 tsp water
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup (optional)
- 1 tbsp almond or peanutbutter (optional)
- Start by bringing 1/2 cup of water and 1/4 cup of almond milk to a boil. Add oats, stir, and reduce the heat to medium. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- After about five minutes, add the remaining 1/4 cup of almond milk and mashed banana.
- Cook for 3-5 more minutes or until all of the liquid is absorbed and the oats are thick and creamy. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract, nutmeg, and chia seeds.
- While the oats are cooking, make the warm blueberry compote by combining blueberries and water in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Add maple syrup and cook until the berries are warm. 2-4 minutes.
- Transfer oatmeal to a bowl and spoon warm berry compote on top. Garnish with a few banana slices or a dollop of nut-butter for some added healthy fat and protein.
Let us know if you try this recipe by uploading a picture on Instagram with the #rawxieslife and #missvranhalen! Bon appetite!!