Blemishes tend to pop up when you LEAST expect it. Usually right before you’re about to go on a date, see family you haven’t seen in years or when you’re about to attend an event where there is bound to be tons of pictures. That’s just the way it works right? I’ve completely given up on facial medications from the dermatologist, expensive cleansers and spot treatments. They are expensive, harsh and rarely effective- so why waste my money?
How many people have told you it’s because of your diet, stress or because you aren’t washing well enough? /raises hand/…Yeah, me too. But I’ll tell you I’m healthier than I’ve ever been and have incorporated fresh and raw foods into my diet, so it’s time to find another solution.
You’ve probably seen the craze of essential oils over the past few months. It seems like you can’t throw a stone in the health market without hitting someone that will tell you all the reasons coconut oil has changed their lives. It wasn’t until I found a recipe for tea tree oil + coconut oil face wash that I started to become a believer myself. Another perk…It’s completely vegan!
See the recipe below!
SO WHY USE TEA TREE OIL ON YOUR FACE? LET ME LIST THEM FOR YOU.
- Tea Tree has natural antibacterial properties. It destroys bacteria but also soothes the swelling of your blemishes.
- It can be used to directly spot treat your problem areas. (Be sure to read the side of the Tea Tree bottle. Some essential oils are too strong to put directly on your skin.)
- Have dry scalp as well? A mix of tea tree oil with a carrier oil (such as coconut or jojoba) can help relieve dry scalp. This combination is also great for the face.
- Tea Tree can be used for any bacterial infections on your skin, not just your face. I’ve used it on bug bites and studies show it can help with things such as athletes foot.
- Best thing- IT’S NATURAL.
It’s time to let your natural beauty shine. Use a gentle vegan soap, pat dry your face and apply Tea Tree with a cotton swab or Q-Tip. You’re face will be changed.
FACE WASH RECIPE WITH TEA TREE
- 1/2 cup organic coconut oil
- 1/4 cup baking soda
- 10 drops Tea Tree (essential oil)
OR if you want to try it before making a ton (it lasts quite a while) you can do these measurements:
- 2-3 tablespoons organic coconut oil (less coconut oil if you want more of a scrub).
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 3 drops Tea Tree
Good luck with your new remedy. Give it a couple weeks to allow your skin to fully adjust to this new regimen. I promise by then your skin will be soft, clean and kissable.