It’s National Women’s Health Week! Now, we think that every day is important to maintain good health and healthy lifestyles, but we know it can be hard to keep yourself on the priority list. We are using this week as an excuse to post some healthy living tips. Don’t wait to start feeling healthy- do this for yourself!
Being healthy doesn’t mean being skinny. We want you to feel invigorated and radiate light from the inside out. This comes from eating wholesome foods, exercising, and maintaining good habits. This does NOT mean excessively worrying about how many calories you’ve consumed, skipping meals or only eating celery. We encourage you to be happy and grateful for the person you are in this very moment. There is always room for improvement, but let’s not focus on the destination…let’s focus on the healthy steps you are taking and enjoy the journey to better health!!
So what can I do to kick start healthy habits and celebrate National Women’s Health Week?! Here are some ideas!
- Keep up with yearly doctors visits. Don’t have the ‘that won’t happen to me’ mentality.
- Do your research. Is your doctor recommending vaccines or medications? It’s ok to research and learn about what you are putting in your body. There is not an ‘end all, be all’ cure that is the same for every woman.
- Bike trails
- Indoor Cycling
- Yoga (there are so many styles- try a new one to mix things up!!)
- Walk your dog
- Beautiful weather? Rent a canoe or kayak and hit the park.
- Train for a 5k, 10k, half, or marathon
- Swim (But be sure to wear sunscreen!!)
- Learn to disc golf and walk the course
- Listen to your body. What things don’t agree with you when you eat? Many people have problems with Dairy- try using dairy substitutes, like almond milk, for a week and see if you feel less bloated, etc.
Meal plan- if you plan ahead you won’t turn to fast food in a pinch.
- Use Sunday to cut veggies and make them accessible for easy snacking.
- Meal plan with your family so they will be on board with the meals.
- Try making smoothies for snacks or breakfast. They are fast, nutritious and can be consumed on the go!
- Eat 3 servings of fruits and veggies a day.
- Take your lunch to work or school with healthy (but super delicious options).
- Wellness isn’t just about what you eat and how much you exercise. It is important for you do activities that promote happiness. Mental health is just as important as physical health.
Try a new activity- it’s easy to get stuck in a routine. Do something you’ve always thought about but never took the time to do.
- Try a new restaurant
- Go to trivia night
- Adventure through a new park
- Go to the farmers market and pick out flowers for yourself
- Try a new art museum
- Plant a tree
- Binge watch New Girl
- Have a spa day- make a diy facial, paint your nails and soak in the tub.
- Paint or do something creative!
JUST GO FOR IT #YOLO
- Always wanted blue hair? DO IT- you can always dye it back.
- Always wanted a second (or third) ear piercing? DO IT- it can always grow back.
- Always wanted to try a new style? TRY IT- expand your creativity.
- JUST DO IT- what is the worst thing that could happen?
It’s time to work on Y-O-U. Being happy, grounded and content will allow you to shine your light on others and help guide them…but be sure you take care of yourself first!