- Lose weight. This is no silly quick fix fad diet. If you’re looking for a way to get healthy, this is the best way to do it. You will be amazed to see how your body craves healthy food after just a short time. You will detox your body and cleanse your system in a matter of weeks. By cutting out processed and high sugar foods, your body will naturally slim down as it adjusts to your new food plan. Other possible benefits include clearer mind, less fatigue or headaches and more energy.
- Heart Healthy: Vegans are less likely to develop heart disease, cancer, diabetes, high cholesterol and high blood pressure than those that eat meat. By eating plant protein, your body will remain strong and lean without all the fats and chemicals of meat.
- For the people: To create just 1 lb of animal meat, it takes 13 lbs of grains. Think of all the hungry people in this world that we could be feeding with those grains. Sure, many Vegans ‘do it for the animals,’ but many also have the wellbeing of humans in mind.
- Save the Planet: A commonly overlooked side effect of processing meat is its impact on the environment. Did you know that the meat industry is one of the biggest contributors to climate change? The amount of water and land it takes to raise meat, along with the transportation of the meat from farm to factory to plate, has incredible impact.
- It’s economical: Who doesn’t want to save money, am I right? If you buy groceries and prepare your own meals, you will be pleasantly surprised to see that your grocery bill will decrease. (Buying fast food burgers for $1 does not count as being cheaper than healthy food. We are talking about real food, not factory made.) Grocery items such as beans, legumes, rice, grains, and seeds can be bought cheaply and in bulk. They can be cooked a multitude of ways, it’s delicious, AND healthy…what other reasons do you need?
Have more reasons of why Veganism impacted your life for the better? Let us know here! Remember that making a switch to a vegan diet takes some time. If you slip, don’t give up! It is a transition period. You can do this.